For centuries we have harnessed the power of the sun but it is only recently that we have been able to trap and store that power effectively.
Photovoltaic (PV) panels or solar panels as they are more commonly known, use the energy from the sun to generate electricity with no waste and no emissions. This can then be used to run appliances and lighting.
Importantly for the UK, solar panels do not rely on direct sunlight to work – as long as there is daylight, power will be generated. If your home produces excess power and your Solar Panels are connected to the mains, then electricity can be transferred back to the UK national grid – if your supplier has a scheme that allows this.
Feed-In Tariff uk: With the introduction of the UK government’s “Feed-In-Tariff” in 2010 there is no better time to consider Solar Panels.
The Sunday Times ranked it as the 5th best investment opportunity!
What you get:
- Get paid up to 14.38p per KWh of all electricity generated.
- Export fee of 4.64p/KWh.
- Index linked.
- Tax free (for domestic users).
- Saves you money.
- Guaranteed by the Government.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Lifespan of 30yrs+.
- Adds value to your property.
- Carbon reduction.
- Differentiates you from your competitors, giving you great PR.
- Helps you meet corporate social responsibility needs.
- Helps to create an environmental brand name.
Find out how much solar energy your area receives, by using our new Solar Lookup tool
Contact Viridis today on 0845 437 4484 or email@example.com
for independent, impartial advice on solar panel installers.